Topics

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Revamped Denim Skirt

Hello, all.

This is what I've been up to the last couple of days, selfishly making something for myself, instead of working on the countless projects I have partially completed for others. It is not an original idea of mine, though, as usual, it has morphed somewhat from the original. My inspiration came from denim-skirt-makeover-tutorial.

I started with a thrift store skirt for $2.99. No, wait. I think it was a 50% day, so, $1.50. 


  Next, I measured where I wanted the finished bottom hem to be, and cut. Gulp.










 Wow. That looks short.







From the cut-off part, I made the ruffle and sewed to to the bottom.

















Cute, but needs the flower detail.
 


 Found a purple (I know the colors in the pics are bad) denim shirt in my fabric stash. Sewed a 2"x36" strip into a tube and gathered it.


Sewed it in a circle, and voila! A flower! 
 
 









  And, because I can't leave well enough alone, two more.












And, here's the finished skirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment