Topics

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mostaccioli Skillet

This is a family favorite. Tasty, quick, easy, cheap and you might have what you need on hand anyway. I even served it on my night to cook for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Grand Cayman. I think that was the night we broke into song at the dinner table..."I Will Survive," I do believe it was...






Mostaccioli Skillet
1 lb ground beef
2 c mostaccioli or penne noodles
2 c water
1 jar/can premade spaghetti sauce, any brand/flavor
1 pkg (8 oz) shredded Mozzarella cheese

In a large skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Add pasta and water, cover, and simmer until the pasta is al dente, 6-8 minutes. Drain any excess water from pan.

Add spaghetti sauce to pan and heat through. Stir in the majority of the cheese, and when melty, divide among plates. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment